Friday, August 14, 2009

Why So Many Unfortunate Piggies

I painted my wife's toes last night as she was sleeping and thought that it doesn't seem fair that she can wear any color, style, and a plethora of the prettiest shoes without any clout. That being said, she takes it for granted and ignores her poor feet. Her polish was a couple of weeks old and worn out. I've made efforts to help her get them better but without her wanting them to be pretty, hours spent scraping, filing, and nourishing her feet just gets wasted. I don't try very hard any more. By the next day, they were chipped in multiple spots. One day. How much damage can one do in just one day? I can't help her if she doesn't want to help herself. She's not asking for my help I suppose.

I must confess (no surprise) that I have a growing foot fetish and I now take notice of people's feet, which are abundant for inspection in the summer and early fall months. Don't get me wrong. I shouldn't call it a fetish as that brings to mind multiple perverted acts that one can do with toes and feet. I'm a foot admirer. That sounds better. Men's feet are among the worst, including a pair that I saw that had deep cracks on the heel with duct tape over one of them. Duct tape! Are you kidding me? How caveman-like is that? I proudly say mine are still the best out there and I am happy.

Now for the female side of feet, one would logically conclude that most women look out for themselves. Not true. I'd say one out of 25 women I come across at work, the grocery store, or the mall has nice feet. Nails are usually polished but chipped, faded, or left on so long there's a quarter inch of new nail at the base. WTF? There are those where the nails are obviously salon quality crafted but their heels are dry and fissured and their toes white from dessication. I saw a lady with feet that looked like they were dipped in tar and never washed. Where's the pride? Where is the self-respect and the basic need for hygiene? At least hide them behind shoes.

Looking back in time, I'd say this foot adoration of mine was well hidden within me and just needed that spark to overcome my own subconscious gender obstacles. I remember a girl in high school who sat by me all the time and spent her time painting her nails in class. We were friends and I had a crush on her. She would let me paint her nails all the time despite the crappy job I did. That never blossomed into a relationship. I moved on to college and only remember "foot" instances (now that I'm trying hard to analyze my fetish, uh, adoration), like this time I saw this girl in class with the most beautiful feet and cute too. Funny how that sudden, impulsive attraction came from seeing her slender, smooth, clean feet. That may have been just the beginning. I tried toe sucking but it didn't do much for me. Strange that I think about all of this now, today, right now. Self-therapy. Purging of inner feelings to the external world. My wife won't hear it or care for it. Actually, she'd rather have me stop.

Whatever your reason, true fetish or not, keep feeding those deserving piggies your love, attention, and color of choice. They deserve it, especially since they support all of your weight everyday. Keep hydrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment