Monday, August 10, 2009

Brick Red for my Piggies


Having recovered from a week long outing, my toes were finally glad to be back into the old routine of pampering and trying out new products. My next adventure was somewhat unexpected as aiming for one color turned out different but so delightful.

OPI offers a wonderful array of colors with catchy names. I picked 20 Candles On My Cake to feed my hungry toes and I've been surprised at how well it wears for a man. It is a nonmetallic, smooth earthy shade of brown with a reddish hue. The polish was easy to apply and the larger brush spread the paint evenly. I originally thought I was getting a deep off pink color but under poor store lighting, it's hard to make out. My wife says it looks like a brick red and remarked what a nice shade it was for my feet. Persistence is slowly gaining her reluctant acceptance. My mom doesn't even say anything after her "Are you gay?" remark when I first started.
One question I have (and I will ask in a forum I frequently visit) is how long should a toenail be? Should any skin show at it's distal end? What's your opinion? The sound of crickets in the night are overwhelmingly clear :(


No comments:

Post a Comment