Sunday, December 6, 2009

Grape Looking Toes


Winter has come late this year but has presented itself unpleasantly with snow and chilly temps. The hours of the day are short so it goes that I rise in the dark to work, spend the day indoors, and depart under the blanket of night. The fashion sandal or thong will only be for those daring supermarket runs in between the snow falls. I doubt it's worth frostbite. Sad are my toes as they anticipate the coming of spring in a few months. I should move to Arizona or Southern California. Texas? They'd shoot me for wearing polished toes. Ha! Sorry, I'm sure it's quite safe.

I sported my last new bottle of lacquer. I chose OPI No Spain No Gain from the Coleccion de Espana. It's a solid purple that's quite pretty and made me think of grapes every time I admired my toes. Since I've been keeping my feet sheltered and warm, the polish has kept it's gloss for the better part of a fortnight. It wasn't until the past few days that it started chipping, as you can see in the picture. I am not flawless and having been busy, I let things go for a while. The nails are grown out at the base. I will eagerly await the day in spring when I can wear this out.

I was looking at my blog picture and thought of how awful my toes and nails look. Any of you think that? I'm wearing my favorite pair of Rock & Republic jeans, which have sadly faded. I will have to replace it, the picture I mean. I am looking for more designer denim and thought I might give 7 for All Mankind a try or Citizens of Humanity. I have several pairs of R & R and True Religion and should expand. I almost bought a pair of Rag & Bone jeans but I had already gotten a jacket and pants so jeans would have been much on my current budget. Rag & Bone has such great items and some that are out there. They're an American designer brand. Check it out.

I will continue to wear polish through the cold season and make the best use of the bottles that I've collected. My wife no longer buys any and just takes from my selection. I have a drawer that is slowly filling up. What the hell will I blog about now? I will file and smooth my toes as usual and perhaps just gloss them with clear, or clear with sparkles. My soles had been the softest through any spring and summer of my adult life. With shoes and socks everyday, they are already softening up even further. I love them and how they feel. I am quite proud and happy about how well I've taken care of my feet. It's certainly enriched my life and health a little better. For those few fans out there, I hope to continue to share my silly experiences with colored toes and healthy foot care.

No comments:

Post a Comment